Tourist Attractions
Home » Tag Archives: british

Tag Archives: british

HISTORY AND CULTURE OF KADAPA DISTRICT

Kadapa (formerly Cuddapah) district was formed in the early nineteenth century (in the year 1808) during the British rule with Siddavatam as it’s head quareters, which was later shifted to Kadapa in 1812. Until 1808, Kadapa was a division under erstwhile Anantapur Collectorate.

Read More »

KC Canal – A major source of Irrigation

Kurnool-Cuddapah canal (KC Canal) off-takes from Sunkesula anicut on Tungabhadra River, traverses through Kurnool and Kadapa (Cuddapah) districts and finally terminates at Cuddapah. This canal is connected to the natural streams Nippulavagu, Galeru and Kunderu through controlling structures on these streams viz. Lock-In-Sula, Santajutur anicut and Rajoli anicut respectively. As a result, the nearby areas of these streams are benefited …

Read More »